About Me

NEW YORK, NY, United States
Im a freelance makeup artist and skin therapist. www.ginanicora.com

Followers

Friday, July 16, 2010

"WHAT'S NEW IN MAKEUP PART 2"






I have a new mascara I'm obsessed with! I have to say it's even better than Dior Show! The new Hyperlash from Smashbox creates fierce lashes! I love the 2 in 1 applicator with a brush and a comb. I use the brush to apply and thicken the lashes and then use the comb to separate and define. I especially love it when I apply individual false lashes. It makes is so easy to blend the false and the real lashes together for a dramatic look without looking fake or clumpy. The only downside is that it only comes in black. I'm a big fan of chocolate brown to make blue eyes pop.

Another one of my new favorites by Nars is the Pro-Prime Face Prep. Now that it feels like 1000 degrees outside the las thing I want to do is put on makeup only for it to melt off in the subway. What's a girl to do? I recommend keeping it simple. I just put on the Pro-Prime and some bronzer and some tinted lip conditioner and some Hyperlash and go! This new product gives a nice matte finish to the skin and smooths out pores and fine lines. It's doesn't feel heavy and it can be reapplied throughout the day. It's sheer and colorless and works on all skin types and skin tones.

So, speaking of bronzer and tinted lip conditioner. I've been wearing Uruku Bronzer from Aveda and using their Nourish Mint Sheer Mineral Lip Color. My skin has been acting sensitive from the heat and my other favorite gel or cream bronzing products are just no match for July in NYC. I was at the Time Warner Center cooling off and browsing when I decided to stop at The Aveda Store. The Uruku Bronzer is a nice light natural bronzing duo and it's made with vitamin E which has healed my skin"s irritation. While I was there I decided to get a lip conditioner too because my lips have been dry and I haven't felt like wearing my favorite glosses and lipsticks in the heat. The Nourish Mint did the trick. It's made with natural spearmint and vanilla and not only moisturizes but it tastes good and has plumping action. I really like Sheer Clover it's a nice soft pink.


Stay Tuned for " The Latest in Non-Invasive Anti-Aging Technology"

Hyperlash $21 www.Smashbox.com
Pro-Prime Face Prep $30 www. NarsCosmetics.com
Uruku Bronzer Amazonia $22.50 Nourish Mint Mineral Lip Color Sheer Clover $15 www.Aveda.com

No comments:

Post a Comment