- ► 2011 (11)
- DEAR DIARY " WHAT IS A HYDRAFACIAL?"
- "DEAR DIARY IS HOT YOGA THE NEW FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH?...
- "HOW TO BE FABULOUS ON A BUDGET"
- SNEAK PEAK BEHIND THE SCENES AT C-HEADS MAGAZINE S...
- MY BEAUTY PICKS OF THE WEEK!
- FALL FASHION TRENDS: THE "IT" BAGS ANS SHOES OF TH...
- GLOSSY MAGAZINE ISSUE 7: FEATURE INTERVIEW LAQUAN...
- ▼ November (8)
Monday, November 29, 2010
The HydraFacial is one of the latest advancements in non-laser treatments for the skin. It was just named Les Nouvelles Esthetique and Spa Magazines Best Spa Machine 2011. This amazing technology provides cleansing, exfoliation, extraction, hydration and antioxidant protection. This treatment is non-invasive and non-irritating which makes it a great option for sensitive skin as well as thin aging skin. The HydraFacial targets fine lines and wrinkles as well as oily congested acne prone skin and sun damaged skin showing hyperpigmentation and brown spots. It's an amazing all in one treatment. This is an amazing alternative to traditional chemical peels. The HydraFacial doesn't use harsh acids that can cause redness, peeling, flaking and significant down time. This treatment is ideal to get a day or two before a special occasion. It will leave the skin smooth and glowing and makeup will go on smoother and more even. This facial is a great option for models and actresses before an audition or photo shoot but is great for the everyday woman or man looking for younger fresher looking skin. The Hydrafacial is very reasonably priced between $125-175 for a more comprehensive result in less time for around the same price as a regular facial. The ideal number of treatments is between 4-6 which can be about the price for one laser treatment or deep chemical peel.
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
I'm a huge fan of Hot Yoga. I have been practicing for ten years. I have tried all other kinds of workouts from Pilate's to having a personal trainer. I have found that hot yoga is not only an amazing workout but it has so many health benefits that can keep you looking and feeling young. I am in my late 30's and I am mistaken for being in my early 20's all the time. I have found that the more I go to yoga the younger and healthier I feel and look. I rarely get sick. When I do get a cold it lasts for less then a week. I have also found that yoga has become more than just a workout it has become a lifestyle. I decided I want to share my personal fountain of youth with all of you! I have put together a comprehensive list of all the benefits of hot yoga and listed more resources on where to take yoga and where to get the best hot yoga clothes.
Top 10 Health Benefits of Hot Yoga:
1. Weight Loss and Muscle Tone-the strenuous exercise in the heat burns more calories than a regular workout and helps to increase the metabolism which burns more calories even when you are not working out. The postures use body strength for balance which helps to build lean toned muscle.
2. Flexibility- the stretching in hot yoga helps you to become more flexible and less prone to injury and can actual heal existing injuries. I have herniated discs in my neck, sciatica and had torn ligaments in my right knee all from being a former ballerina. I now am virtually pain free and haven't had another injury.
3. Detoxification-sweating in the hot dry room helps the body to detoxify helping the major organs to work less and is AMAZING for the skin!
4. Increased Immune System-exercising in a heated room increases body temperature which helps to fight off infections and create a strong immune system which prevents the onset of disease.
5. Blemish-Free Skin- the detoxification process during hot yoga benefits the skin by keeping skin clear as well as moisturized and glowing. The skin is also more hydrated from the increased amount of water that needs to be drank in order to perform hot yoga. I'm a huge fan of Zico coconut waters which have increased electrolytes and lots of vitamin C which all creates an antioxidant effect for the the skin. www.zico.com
6. Increased Brain Function-working out in the hot room increases will power, concentration and focus. All these benefits result in increased functioning of the brain
7. Natural Anti-Depressant-the amount of endorphins that are released in a hot yoga session help you to feel energized and happy. I like to call it the "post yoga high" I feel so amazing after yoga and the feeling lasts the more and more I practice. I used to suffer from panic attacks and depression and was on medication for years. I'm happy to report I am medication free and panic attack free with yoga!
8. Natural Face Lift-yoga can help prevent wrinkles and produce a natural face lift from doing inverted postures like headstand and shoulder stand. It's also helps to increase blood circulation to the face and help tone the muscles of the face like the muscles of the body.
9. Improves Sleep/Wake Cycle-in hot yoga we do specific postures that are designed to help increase a more restful sleep. The stimulating effect yoga has on the nervous system and the brain help with insomnia. I was also an insomniac for years since I was a little girl. I always had trouble falling asleep or staying asleep and now after yoga I am out as soon as I lay down and sleep a full eight hours and sometimes if my schedule allows more!
10. Spiritual Practice/Connection-hot yoga really helps with self realization. It creates and amazing mind, body spirit connection. one to heal mentally,physically and emotionally. I have found hot yoga to be the best therapy in town!
So if you are intrigued and want to learn more about hot yoga check out these sites:
www.bikramnyc.com if you are in NYC this place rocks! Check out teachers Georgia and Emily some of my faves!
www.jerseyshorehotyoga.com if you are near the Jersey Shore Check out teachers Ann, Jill and Chris AMAZING! Studio is immaculately clean and so peaceful!
Now let's talk wardrobe! It's all about wearing cute, fun functional clothes. You will sweat like you have never sweat before and it is important to have absorbent clothes. I LOVE LOVE LOVE K. Deer Haute Yoga Wear. They have the most amazing colorful shorts and headbands. I even had some pairs custom made!
Sunday, November 14, 2010
Well, unless you are one of the Housewives of Beverly Hills then you have realized we are in a recession! I have decided that even though times are tough and money is tight I'm not going to let the recession break my spirit and I wont let it break the bank either. I have learned that I can still be fabulous and find a way to have my "girlie guilty pleasures." So I have decided to share with you my top 10 resources for staying "fabulous on a budget."
1. Gilt Groupe- this is an amazing invitation only website filled with amazing deals on designer clothes, shoes, bags and more for both men and women! This weeks steals are a Tracy Reese dress for only $129 regular $350 and a French Connection dress for only 59 regular $119 and a amazing pair of Leelo platform sandals for ?179 regular $300 www.Gilt.com
2. Bag Borrow or Steal-if you cant afford to own the Chanel purse why not borrow it instead?! This is the website that was featured in Sex In The City movie. They have more than just bags, they have accessories like sunglasses and jewelry and even watches. If you become a member for a $60 annual fee you can have access to designer bags like Dolce and Gabbana for as little as $60 for a week. If you have a special occasion you can order your bag and have it for the weekend and then keep it for the week. Now that's FABULOUS!!!!! www.BagBorrowSteal.com
3.Top Shop-Top Shop is the new H+M but WAAY better! They have amazing staple pieces that are designer inspired at reasonable prices and the quality is so much better than H+M. You can actually wash it and wear it again without it shrinking or changing colors or shape like H+M. Don't get me wrong H+M is still my go to for a night out at the club for a disposable item for $20, like the corset I wore for Halloween but I love Top Shop for everyday wardrobe building pieces! 478 Broom in Soho www.TopShop.com
4. Uniqlo- JEANS JEANS JEANS!!!! I'm living for Uniqlo jeans 2 for $49.00. They have every size, style and color you can imagine. It's almost overwhelming like going to one of those diners that has a 10 page menu and everything looks so yummy you don't know what to choose. If you are in NYC you have to go in person 546 Broadway in Soho or www.Uniqlo.com
5. The Budget Fashionista-this is another one of my favorite go to sites for coupons and deals, sample sales, shopping guides and more! This weeks feature is fall boots for under $100...hello! FABULOUS!!!! www.thebudgetfashionista.com
6. Beauty Steals- this is an amazing website for any makeup artist, makeup junkie, or any gal who just wants to save on her favorite lipstick! They have everything from A-Z when it comes to makeup brands! Just an example is an Yves Saint Laurent palette for $25 regularly priced at $65...now that is a steal! www.BeautySteals.com
7.Great Skin- this is like beauty steals but specifically for skin care products www.GreaSkin.com
8.Spa Deals- now if your looking to go to top rated spas for luxurious treatments and you cant afford the prices here is a list of amazing sites that offer daily deals and discounts
and these are just a few of many!
9.Restaurant.com-I still love eating out and it can still be expensive. This site offers $25 gift certificates for only $10 for over 15,000 places www.Restaurant.com
10. Well that you know how to have fabulous fashion, makeup, skin care, spa treatments and how to dine out last but not least how to go on a fabulous get away!
HauteLook-this site has incredible deals on hotels, vacations but also has deals on housewares, beauty and fashion as well
Sunday, November 7, 2010
Now that the holdiay season is approaching I'm obsessed with the new holiday makeup collections and trying new products. This week I'm in love with Nars. The Nars holiday collection is fun and playful and a little bit daring with a bold blue shadow. I also love the new Pure Matte lipstick formula Francois created for Marc Jacobs Spring 2011 show. My other new goto product is the Luminizing Black Mask by Boscia. It's great if you have oily skin and want to tighten, brighten and shrink pores and give the skin a luminous glow before a special occasion. This product is especially great for men. This products comes highly recommended by one of my male clients. He loves to use it once a week. It's like a mini 10 minute facial at home. I however wouldn't recommend this if you have a drier more sensitive skin.
Nars Pure Matte Lipstick and Holiday Collection www.NarsCosmetics.com
Boscia Luminizing Black Mask www.Sephora.com
Thursday, November 4, 2010
This Fall it's all about luxurious leather handbags and ankle boots. I have picked my top 3 splurges in each category. I'm absolutely in love with the new Louis Vuitton Intrigue calf skin leather bag in rose. It's so classic and chic. I'm usually a big fan of black but I love this bag for a special occasion. My second favorite bag of the season is the Miss Sicily by Dolce and Gabbana. It's a great evening bag since it's smaller and more structured. It's all about animal prints and textures this season so this snakeskin bag is a fabulous way to make a little black dress something special. My third and final pick for the season is the Givenchy Antigona Duffle. This is a great carry all, over sized bag.It's great for a plane trip to Miami for a winter weekend away form the cold. I don't know about you but I'm very paranoid to check anything at the airport so if I can fit my wardrobe items in my carry on and have a purse large enough for my makeup, skincare and toiletry products I'm set!
Now let's talk shoes! I'm so in love with the ankle boot trend. They look amazing with leggings, skinny jeans, and dresses. They are such a great way to take a day look to a night look. I like to throw a pair in my bag for after work the city. It's a great way to make a quick change for a night on the town. My number one pick is, of course Christian Louboutin. They are definitely a show stopper. They were designed for Marchesa's Fall collection. My second pick are leopard print booties by Fendi. They take animal print to a whole new level with sequined embellished leopard print. My last pick are an amazing pair of open toe black python booties by Alexandre Birman exclusively for Saks.
If these "it" trends are going to break the bank Stay Tuned for "How to be Fabulous on a Budget"
Intrigue Louis Vuitton calfskin leather bag $2,440 www.louisvuitton.com
Miss Sicily Dolce and Gabbana snakeskin leather bag $2475 available at Nordstroms
Givenchy Antigona Duffle bag $2330 available at Barneys New York
Christian Louboutin Marale ankle boots for Marchesa Special Order
Fendi Vertigo leopard print Bootie $1,195 Barneys New York
Alexandre Birman python peep toe bootie $750 Saks Fifth Avenue