- ▼ 2011 (11)
- ► 2010 (38)
Friday, November 25, 2011
Well it's that time of year again. The holiday season is upon us and overindulgence is just par for the course. If you are like me I'm always looking for ways to feel better, look better and of course turn back the hands of time. I also like to try and get through teh holiday season without gaining weight. A cleanse is perfect way to detoxify your system, help your skin to look younger and healthier and to drop a couple pounds for that slinky New Year's Eve cocktail dress. I'm a big fan of the Cooler Cleanse from one of my favorite juice places Juice Generation. The Cooler Cleanse is great because you can choose a short 3 day cleanse or a longer 5 day cleanse. The juices are hydraullic pressed for optimum absorption and nutrition. The best part is it's less than $200 and the juices are delivered to your house in a cooler all you have do is drink them along with plenty of wate, get rest and let your body do the work! I also like that you can ease into the process by starting a raw food diet 3 days prior to the cleanse which is also available for delivery. For more information goto www.coolercleanse.com
Stay Tuned for more diet, exercise, skin care and makeup tips for the holiday season!
Sunday, August 28, 2011
I would like to take the time to introduce you to a fellow artist by the name of Maria Ramagli. I have not only had the pleasure of having Maria as my client but as a friend and fellow artist. Maria is definitely a talent to be reckoned with. I admire her emphasis on darkness versus light. There is an ethereal yet provocative quality to her work. There is a precision and a flawlessness even when the look is smokey or smudged which I love! I admire and am inspired by her work. I'm most especially taken with her work with the New York photography genius Preston Cros. Together, Preston and Maria have created one of my favorite tribute pieces to the movie The Black Swan. This piece not only features Maria's makeup work but she is also the one of the subjects. The flawless application of makeup and the portrayal of the internal struggle between "darkness and light" with Preston's lighting is absolute brilliance!
After years as Makeup Artist, Resident Trainer and Manager at Mac Cosmetics Maria has taken her talent to whole new level debuting Maria Ramagli.com and Maria Ramagli Beauty.com Maria has worked with celebrities such as Alicia Keys and Mary J. Blige just to name a few and has worked backstage at New York Fashion Week. I'm now looking forward to her latest role as key artist during Fashion Week for the POP UP POP ART FASHION EVENT SEPTEMBER 12, 2011! for fashion designer Hally McGehean who is the fashion industry's newest innovator whose designs are made of plastic and are created without thread! I look forward to this amazing collaboration. Congrats Maria! You are not a only a beautiful artist but a beautiful soul! Continue to spread your light!
"Art is Fashion, Fashion is Art!"
Thursday, June 9, 2011
Now that Summer has finally arrived after a long Winter it's time to stock up on your Summer beauty essentials.
My top skin care and makeup products for Summer 2011:
1. Beauty Flash Balm: This is a makeup bag must have and one of my favorite Clarins products. This lightweight refreshing hydrator is amazing on it's own to tighten pores and give skin a glow without make up. It is also a great makeup primer and can be used as a mask to refresh skin after a long hot Summer day. $45
2. Eye Revive and Eye Contour Gel- These are another 2 products by Clarins that are great to combat the fatigued feeling around the eyes after a long hot and humid day or a late Summer night out with the girls. $48
3. Pure and Radiant Mask-This mask is essential if your skin is feeling greasy and shiny or flushed from the heat. This non+drying clay mask helps decongest pores, calm and soothe skin and give radiance. $29
4. High Definition Body Lift, Smoothing Body Scrub and Self Tanning Milk- This the holy trinity for a hot Summer night on the town in that new short backless dress or the latest shorts romper. I like to start by exfoliating my whole body with the Smoothing Body Scrub which softens and tightens the skin. I then apply High Definition Body lift which helps with any little dimples and has light fresh scent and cooling feeling on the skin. I then apply Self Tanning Milk for a nice faux glow that looks like a day at the beach without the sun damage. High Definition Body Lift $66 Smoothing Body Scrub $35 Tanning Milk $32.50
5. Bust Lift Gel-When you want to wear a halter or bikini top this product really does make a difference! It lifts and tones the bust area and just makes you feel sexy. $58
6. Instant Light Complexion Perfector-This is one of my favorite Clarins makeup products. This is a sheer light reflector that can be applied all over the face to even skin tone and add a hint of bronze without looking fake or orange.$33
7.Mac Lustre Drops- This is by far my favorite bronzer this season. It goes on like liquid gold. Its sheer and light and can be used alone or added to foundation or body lotion for a bronze goddess effect without being heavy or cakey. $19.50
8. Mac Blot Papers-This is the best Summer on the go product. If you don't want to wear makeup or wear light makeup They are great if you don't want that powdery look, they absorb shine without changing makeup or having to add powder. This is the perfect way to combat humidity while still looking fresh and put together. $13.50
9. Mac Leg Spray- If you are pale like me and want a little glow on the legs and even arms this great sheer spray on bronzer is the answer. It goes on smooth and easy and washes off for a no fuss tan option $26.50
10. NARS Sheer Matte Foundation-This is my favorite foundation! It is not only absorbs oil and helps skin stay shine free but it's light not heavy like most matte foundation formulas. It also has a complexion brightening properties so it give skin a radiance even though it has a matte finish. LOVE!! $42.00
11. NARS Velvet Lip Gloss-I think this is the greatest thing since sliced bread when it comes to new makeup packaging! The convenience of a pencil, with the application of a lipstick in a gloss, genius! $24.00
Stay Cool and Fabulous! Stay Tuned for Summer Spa Treatments and more Spa Deals!
Sunday, May 8, 2011
Happy Spring everyone! It's looks like after a very long winter Mother Nature is giving us a break. So, speaking of a break what better way to unwind and relax than at the spa. I'm in love with this new website called BTreated that offers all kinds of amazing last minute spa deals. This service is exclusive and by invitation only which is better than many discount sites like Groupon which sell blocks of discounts then making it hard to actually book an appointment. This service allows you to book an appointment when your schedule allows. The discounted spa services are posted daily and are available until 9am the day of the treatment and are for specific times. They also allow you to get treatments at very high end locations for up to 80 percent off. I had the pleasure of meeting one of the owners of BTreated Josh Brenner who is the brains behind this new concept. I'm also happy to say that the Clarins Skin Spa is now part of BTreated. If you are looking to experience the signature Clarins facials, body treatments and massage scontact me for your personal invite to BTreated to experience Clarins and other exclusive spa locations. Another great perk is once you have been approved every time you invite someone to join BTreated you earn points toward free treatments for yourself. Check out www.BTreated.com
Sunday, March 13, 2011
My skin was still glowing from my facial with Aneta when I signed up for another day of pampering at the Clarins Skin Spa on Madison Ave. I began with a full body exfoliation with the Gommage Exfoliant Peau Neuve that not only exfoliates but softens, smooths and firms. This amazing product is made from bamboo powders and extracts of Mimosa and Shea. The treatment begins with the signature Eau Dynamisante fragrance by Clarins which begins the aromatherapy relaxation experience. This fragrance combines citrus with delicate woody notes to create a relaxing feeling. Then the lovely Aneta once again used her gentle healing touch to exfoliate my entire body using therapeutic hand movements to apply the exfoliant. I was then able to take a warm relaxing shower in the immaculate glass enclosed shower in the quiet treatment room. I used one of my new favorite Clarins products Bain aux Plantes Tonic which is an invigorating shower and bath gel made form essential oils of Rosemary, Mint and Geranium. After my shower I was gently massaged into a trance-like state. Aneta used the Clarins signature lymphatic drainage massage techniques to remove toxins and stimulate my circulation. She used a combination of Huile Tonic body treatment oil, Creme Masvelt Body Shaping Cream and Lift Minceur Haute Definition cellulite control treatment. She custom designed the combination of treatment creams and oils to target my problem areas as well as create a relaxing aromatherapy experience. When I was finished my skin felt like silk and I immediately felt my skin more toned and tightened. I was even wearing a pair of patent leather leggings that slipped on and were lose like I had already lost inches. This 2 hour treatment combined with a facial in my opinion is the ultimate in a day of luxurious beauty!
I have had the pleasure of knowing both Debra and Danielle Joseph's of the Anita Kaufman Foundation which was founded to promote epilepsy awareness. I was thrilled to be the key makeup artist for the Purple Event launched last year during New York Fashion Weeks Fashion Night Out. This year I have had the pleasure of being the key makeup artist for The Purple Cupcake Day ad campaign featuring fashion model Jaime Paetz. Jaime is the face of the Anita Kaufman Foundation who suffers from epilepsy personally. We partnered with the famous New York renown Magnolia Bakery and fashion photographer Anna Thiessen to create a vintage photo shoot for the campaign.
The Purple Cupcake Project will take place March 20-26th. The participating bakeries across the country will donate fifty cents from each cupcake sale to the Anita Kaufaman Foundation.