- ▼ 2011 (11)
- ► 2010 (38)
Friday, November 25, 2011
Well it's that time of year again. The holiday season is upon us and overindulgence is just par for the course. If you are like me I'm always looking for ways to feel better, look better and of course turn back the hands of time. I also like to try and get through teh holiday season without gaining weight. A cleanse is perfect way to detoxify your system, help your skin to look younger and healthier and to drop a couple pounds for that slinky New Year's Eve cocktail dress. I'm a big fan of the Cooler Cleanse from one of my favorite juice places Juice Generation. The Cooler Cleanse is great because you can choose a short 3 day cleanse or a longer 5 day cleanse. The juices are hydraullic pressed for optimum absorption and nutrition. The best part is it's less than $200 and the juices are delivered to your house in a cooler all you have do is drink them along with plenty of wate, get rest and let your body do the work! I also like that you can ease into the process by starting a raw food diet 3 days prior to the cleanse which is also available for delivery. For more information goto www.coolercleanse.com
Stay Tuned for more diet, exercise, skin care and makeup tips for the holiday season!
Sunday, August 28, 2011
I would like to take the time to introduce you to a fellow artist by the name of Maria Ramagli. I have not only had the pleasure of having Maria as my client but as a friend and fellow artist. Maria is definitely a talent to be reckoned with. I admire her emphasis on darkness versus light. There is an ethereal yet provocative quality to her work. There is a precision and a flawlessness even when the look is smokey or smudged which I love! I admire and am inspired by her work. I'm most especially taken with her work with the New York photography genius Preston Cros. Together, Preston and Maria have created one of my favorite tribute pieces to the movie The Black Swan. This piece not only features Maria's makeup work but she is also the one of the subjects. The flawless application of makeup and the portrayal of the internal struggle between "darkness and light" with Preston's lighting is absolute brilliance!
After years as Makeup Artist, Resident Trainer and Manager at Mac Cosmetics Maria has taken her talent to whole new level debuting Maria Ramagli.com and Maria Ramagli Beauty.com Maria has worked with celebrities such as Alicia Keys and Mary J. Blige just to name a few and has worked backstage at New York Fashion Week. I'm now looking forward to her latest role as key artist during Fashion Week for the POP UP POP ART FASHION EVENT SEPTEMBER 12, 2011! for fashion designer Hally McGehean who is the fashion industry's newest innovator whose designs are made of plastic and are created without thread! I look forward to this amazing collaboration. Congrats Maria! You are not a only a beautiful artist but a beautiful soul! Continue to spread your light!
"Art is Fashion, Fashion is Art!"
Thursday, June 9, 2011
Now that Summer has finally arrived after a long Winter it's time to stock up on your Summer beauty essentials.
My top skin care and makeup products for Summer 2011:
1. Beauty Flash Balm: This is a makeup bag must have and one of my favorite Clarins products. This lightweight refreshing hydrator is amazing on it's own to tighten pores and give skin a glow without make up. It is also a great makeup primer and can be used as a mask to refresh skin after a long hot Summer day. $45
2. Eye Revive and Eye Contour Gel- These are another 2 products by Clarins that are great to combat the fatigued feeling around the eyes after a long hot and humid day or a late Summer night out with the girls. $48
3. Pure and Radiant Mask-This mask is essential if your skin is feeling greasy and shiny or flushed from the heat. This non+drying clay mask helps decongest pores, calm and soothe skin and give radiance. $29
4. High Definition Body Lift, Smoothing Body Scrub and Self Tanning Milk- This the holy trinity for a hot Summer night on the town in that new short backless dress or the latest shorts romper. I like to start by exfoliating my whole body with the Smoothing Body Scrub which softens and tightens the skin. I then apply High Definition Body lift which helps with any little dimples and has light fresh scent and cooling feeling on the skin. I then apply Self Tanning Milk for a nice faux glow that looks like a day at the beach without the sun damage. High Definition Body Lift $66 Smoothing Body Scrub $35 Tanning Milk $32.50
5. Bust Lift Gel-When you want to wear a halter or bikini top this product really does make a difference! It lifts and tones the bust area and just makes you feel sexy. $58
6. Instant Light Complexion Perfector-This is one of my favorite Clarins makeup products. This is a sheer light reflector that can be applied all over the face to even skin tone and add a hint of bronze without looking fake or orange.$33
7.Mac Lustre Drops- This is by far my favorite bronzer this season. It goes on like liquid gold. Its sheer and light and can be used alone or added to foundation or body lotion for a bronze goddess effect without being heavy or cakey. $19.50
8. Mac Blot Papers-This is the best Summer on the go product. If you don't want to wear makeup or wear light makeup They are great if you don't want that powdery look, they absorb shine without changing makeup or having to add powder. This is the perfect way to combat humidity while still looking fresh and put together. $13.50
9. Mac Leg Spray- If you are pale like me and want a little glow on the legs and even arms this great sheer spray on bronzer is the answer. It goes on smooth and easy and washes off for a no fuss tan option $26.50
10. NARS Sheer Matte Foundation-This is my favorite foundation! It is not only absorbs oil and helps skin stay shine free but it's light not heavy like most matte foundation formulas. It also has a complexion brightening properties so it give skin a radiance even though it has a matte finish. LOVE!! $42.00
11. NARS Velvet Lip Gloss-I think this is the greatest thing since sliced bread when it comes to new makeup packaging! The convenience of a pencil, with the application of a lipstick in a gloss, genius! $24.00
Stay Cool and Fabulous! Stay Tuned for Summer Spa Treatments and more Spa Deals!
Sunday, May 8, 2011
Happy Spring everyone! It's looks like after a very long winter Mother Nature is giving us a break. So, speaking of a break what better way to unwind and relax than at the spa. I'm in love with this new website called BTreated that offers all kinds of amazing last minute spa deals. This service is exclusive and by invitation only which is better than many discount sites like Groupon which sell blocks of discounts then making it hard to actually book an appointment. This service allows you to book an appointment when your schedule allows. The discounted spa services are posted daily and are available until 9am the day of the treatment and are for specific times. They also allow you to get treatments at very high end locations for up to 80 percent off. I had the pleasure of meeting one of the owners of BTreated Josh Brenner who is the brains behind this new concept. I'm also happy to say that the Clarins Skin Spa is now part of BTreated. If you are looking to experience the signature Clarins facials, body treatments and massage scontact me for your personal invite to BTreated to experience Clarins and other exclusive spa locations. Another great perk is once you have been approved every time you invite someone to join BTreated you earn points toward free treatments for yourself. Check out www.BTreated.com
Sunday, March 13, 2011
My skin was still glowing from my facial with Aneta when I signed up for another day of pampering at the Clarins Skin Spa on Madison Ave. I began with a full body exfoliation with the Gommage Exfoliant Peau Neuve that not only exfoliates but softens, smooths and firms. This amazing product is made from bamboo powders and extracts of Mimosa and Shea. The treatment begins with the signature Eau Dynamisante fragrance by Clarins which begins the aromatherapy relaxation experience. This fragrance combines citrus with delicate woody notes to create a relaxing feeling. Then the lovely Aneta once again used her gentle healing touch to exfoliate my entire body using therapeutic hand movements to apply the exfoliant. I was then able to take a warm relaxing shower in the immaculate glass enclosed shower in the quiet treatment room. I used one of my new favorite Clarins products Bain aux Plantes Tonic which is an invigorating shower and bath gel made form essential oils of Rosemary, Mint and Geranium. After my shower I was gently massaged into a trance-like state. Aneta used the Clarins signature lymphatic drainage massage techniques to remove toxins and stimulate my circulation. She used a combination of Huile Tonic body treatment oil, Creme Masvelt Body Shaping Cream and Lift Minceur Haute Definition cellulite control treatment. She custom designed the combination of treatment creams and oils to target my problem areas as well as create a relaxing aromatherapy experience. When I was finished my skin felt like silk and I immediately felt my skin more toned and tightened. I was even wearing a pair of patent leather leggings that slipped on and were lose like I had already lost inches. This 2 hour treatment combined with a facial in my opinion is the ultimate in a day of luxurious beauty!
I have had the pleasure of knowing both Debra and Danielle Joseph's of the Anita Kaufman Foundation which was founded to promote epilepsy awareness. I was thrilled to be the key makeup artist for the Purple Event launched last year during New York Fashion Weeks Fashion Night Out. This year I have had the pleasure of being the key makeup artist for The Purple Cupcake Day ad campaign featuring fashion model Jaime Paetz. Jaime is the face of the Anita Kaufman Foundation who suffers from epilepsy personally. We partnered with the famous New York renown Magnolia Bakery and fashion photographer Anna Thiessen to create a vintage photo shoot for the campaign.
The Purple Cupcake Project will take place March 20-26th. The participating bakeries across the country will donate fifty cents from each cupcake sale to the Anita Kaufaman Foundation.
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
I had the pleasure of having one of Clarin's signature facial treatments. I have had many facials over the years at some of the top spas and skin clinics in New York, Miami and Los Angles. I must say I was very impressed. I have very sensitive skin and am always looking for a treatment to soothe my skin and to hydrate my almost always dehydrated skin. This wicked winter has been especially unforgiving for my skin. I have been experiencing dry and flaky areas, redness, irritation and sensitivity. I felt the difference from the moment my therapist, the lovely Aneta touched my face with her gentle healing touch and soothing cleanser. I felt the deep cleansing when she used a suction like technique that felt thorough but not rough or irritating. I was also not irritated by the gentle enzyme exfoliation treatment. I absolutely loved the Clarins signature lymphatic drainage massage. I felt so relaxed I fell asleep for part of it. I also loved that the treatment was not just for the face but included the hands and arms, neck and shoulder massage and even a scalp and foot massage. I also really enjoyed the aromatherapy experience from Clarins signature scents and my plant mask add on. The mask was so cooling and healing. I was almsot sad when she put it on because I knew I was nearing the end of my experience and I wanted to stay another hour. I not only felt that my skin was being treated but I felt a mind and body connection as well. I felt completely balanced, relaxed and soothed after. My skin was smooth, glowing and refreshed. I have continued to see results each day after the treatment and am using the at home routine which Aneta recommended. I'm hooked I definitely be adding this to my monthly skin routine. I highly recommend the Clarins facial. It's not only an amazing treatment but the price point is very reasonable for a Madison Ave address. The basic facial is only $140 and the Tri-Active Anti-Aging Facial is only $150. They also offer a series if you buy 5 treatments you get the 6th treatment for free. In addition to facials they also offer body exfoliation, body wraps, body contouring for cellulite and a self-tanning treatment. I cant wait until next week for my body treatment! Stay tuned for more of the Clarins experience.
Thursday, January 27, 2011
The Clarins Skin Spa on is located on Madison Ave and 81st. It is the perfect private oasis to escape from the fast paced hustle and bustle and stress of NYC. When you first walk into the boutique you are immediately relaxed by soft spa music playing and a glass of water with lemon. The decor is comprised of the Clarins signature colors all white with red accents. The shelves are pristinely organized with the full line of Clarins skin care and body products. There is also a separate makeup station complete with mirror and chair for custom makeup application. There is also a beautiful flower filled solarium waiting area with plush sofas. Then you are whisked upstairs where there are 4 private treatment rooms complete with changing rooms and showers your own spa robe and slippers. The treatment rooms are immaculate, quiet and very private. The spa offers amazing facial, body treatments and massage. The treatments are totally unique and do not include any machines. The Clarins philosophy combines the power of botanicals with the healing touch of the hands. The Clarins Skin Spa is the perfect place to go to for a unique results oriented comprehensive spa treatment. The Clarins Skin Spa is run by Spa Director Denise Schoenberger a well seasoned beauty executive. Denise is detail oriented and has excellent customer service skills which creates an extremely professional yet warm and inviting atmosphere. I highly recommend the Clarins experience. I give the Clarins Skin Spa 5 stars!
Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri 9-8
To schedule a spa treatment with a skin therapist or a consultation with a skincare specialist/makeup artist call 212-734-6100 for an
Monday, January 10, 2011
The weather is calling for yet another snow storm! This winter weather is ravaging to the skin. The dry, cold and windy air can cause extra dry skin, irritation, sensitivity, redness, chapped lips, dehydrated skin and more! If you are having a hard time coping with the weather and the effects it's having on your skin this is for you. I've put together my winter first aid kit for the skin. Here are my top 10 Product Picks:
1.Dermalogica Climate Control-this healing balm is perfect for protecting skin from the cold on a harsh windy day. It's made with soothing ingredients like shea butter, lavender and oat. It's unique anti-oxinate complex helps shield skin from temperature, pollution and stress. It calms irritation, soothes and protects.
2.Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Masque-this oil-free gel masque is excellent for dehydrated skin from being indoors with the heat and lack of water in the air. Let's face it we all drink more coffee and tea when it's cold out but the lack of water leaves skin dry, sensitive and dehydrated. This masque hydrates, refreshes and is packed with antioxidants. I love to keep it in the fridge for an extra cooling feeling,
3. Dermalogica-this is for skin 911. This is super concentrated masque is for redness, irritation and inflammation. It contains mushroom extract and really works on contact. I like to use it after a day out in the cold. I like to use this masque first and then the skin hydrating masque after for an extra relieving at home treatment.
4. Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant-this is a very gentle yet effective exfoliant excellent for dry sensitive skin as well as all skin types. It is gentle enough to be used daily and is great for removing that dry flaky winter skin. I love to use it on my lips it's a great prep for lip balm and lipstick application, It leaves lips smooth and soft.
5.Clarins Toning Body Polisher- winter weather not only effects our face but our body as well. I love to use a body exfoliator in the shower this is made of sugar and salt crystals and essentials oils such as rosemary, mint and hazelnut. It's smells and feels luxurious
6.Clarins Bath and Shower Concentrate- this relaxing gel is soothing for both the bath or shower and is made with St. John's Wort and Valerian which are calming and help with the winter blues. It's my new favorite!
7.Clarins Relax Body Treatment Oil-this oil not only smooths, softens and conditions dry winter skin but soothes and relaxes with geranium, chamomile and basil essential oils
8. Clarins High Definition Body Lift- this is one of my year round favorites. This is excellent for toning and tightening skin and helps reduce cellulite. I find that in the winter in particular my skin seems to need an extra boost especially after post holiday indulgence
9.Vapour Organic Lip Conditioner- This is by far the BEST lip conditioner I've ever used! It doesn't contain the usual petroleum in most lip balms that actually drys lips instead of conditioning. It's made with Certified Organic Jojoba and Evening Primrose Oils and Shea Butter. Amazing! I just ran out and need to get some ASAP!
10. Tranquileyes-this is an amazing all natural eye hydrating system. This is excellent for winter dry and red eyes. It's also great for sinus headaches from a cold. It comes with an eye mask, eye covers and a relaxing mist,
www.dermalogica.com for all Dermalogica products
www.clarins.com for all Clarins products
www.vapourbeauty.com for lip conditioner
www.dreamessentials.com for Tranquileyes
Sunday, January 9, 2011
B Spa Bar is a hidden gem located inside the Prive Salon at The Soho Grand Hotel. I had the pleasure of meeting the Founder and CEO of B Spa Bar Diana Seo. Diana is not only a sweetheart but is an entrepreneur power house full of a wealth of knowledge and information and business savvy. I absolutely love the philosophy at B Spa Bar. It's all about combining Eastern and Western philosophy for the ultimate mind, body spirit connection. Instead of the usual cookie cutter facial offered at most spas the B Spa Bar designs custom facial cocktails for your individual skin type, conditions and personal needs using a combination of Certified Organic and Bioactive ingredients. The spa also offers body treatments that are not just your typical relaxing massage but actually balance and heal the body and mind with treatments like Chakra and Lymphatic Healing, Reiki and more! In addition to the amazing facials and body treatments B Spa Bar offers the latest in Medical Technology for a preventative approach to the aging process. The spa offers some of my favorites such as LED light therapy and micro-current. B Spa Bar is definitely the pulse of skin care innovation. Stay tuned for more upcoming events and information on B Spa Bar.