About Me

NEW YORK, NY, United States
Im a freelance makeup artist and skin therapist. www.ginanicora.com

Followers

Monday, July 5, 2010

DEAR DIARY "WHAT'S THE HEALTHIEST WAY TO TAN?"


It's Summer and everyone wants that "healthy" glow but it's important to remember that long term sun exposure isn't really healthy Let's face it the healthiest tan is always a fake tan. I am especially fond of "faking" it since I'm fair and burn easily and I'm obsessed with not having wrinkles. I've found some great products and tricks to look bronzed and glowing for summer.

I have tried all the self-tanning products from the drugstore brands to the most expensive department store brands. I haven't had any luck not looking orange and streaky. I have opted for a "little goes a long way". I use an organic SPF 40 when I'm walking around the city or sitting outside at an outdoor cafe so I'm protected but still get a small amount of nice natural color. Then when I go out for the evening I use my favorite makeup products to enhance the color and create a nice golden look.

One of my favorite products is Mac Face and Body. I use it for photo shoots and backstage at Fashion Week. It can always go from "catwalk to sidewalk". I choose a shade 1 to 2 shades darker than my natural color. I apply it on my face and blend down my neck and then blend into any areas where is showing. It's great because it feels light and is water-based and water resistant so it stays put.

Another one of my favorite products is Nars Body Glow. If I'm not in the mood for Face and Body and just want a quick out the door fix then Nars Body Glow is the answer. It smells amazing made with Tahitian Vanilla and give a nice golden glow. It's amazing on collarbones with a strapless dress.

Stay tuned for part 2


www.maccosemetics.com Face and Body $32
www.NarsCosmetics.com Body Glow $59

No comments:

Post a Comment