About Me

NEW YORK, NY, United States
Im a freelance makeup artist and skin therapist. www.ginanicora.com

Followers

Saturday, December 11, 2010

DEAR DIARY "WHAT IS OBAGI?"





Obagi Medical is the leading speciality pharmaceutical company that creates prescription strength skin care products. The products are exclusive to physicians such as dermatologists and plastic surgeons and only available in medical spas. I am a member of the Obagi Inner Circle which is for skin care professionals. I would like to give you an insider look at the line.

I would first like to talk about the Obagi C Rx System. This is a prescription strength formula that contains 4 percent hydroquinone and 10 percent of L-ascorbic acid aka vitamin c. This is not like any over the counter formula promising results that it cant deliver. This system really works! It is also designed to enhance laser procedures which can really rid you of all your brown spots and uneven skin tone from years of sun damage. I don't know about you but I am guilty of tanning back in the day with oil without sun screen. I also went to the tanning beds before I started in the beauty industry and learned about the dangers. If you are seeing the damage from the sun, this product system is definitely for you. The great news it's even approved for sensitive skin like mine that can't handle more aggressive treatments. OK, let's talk stats for a 6 week physician-assessed clinical trial: 60 percent overall pigmentation improvement, 46 percent overall photadamage, 86 percent in skin texture/roughness and 30 percent improvement of fine lines and wrinkles. I'm not only excited about recommending this product line to my clients but I will be using it myself.

The next Obagi Line that I would like to talk about is the Clenziderm Acne System. This is one of the most amazing product lines I ever had the pleasure of learning about. As I have shared before, I am a former acne sufferer. When I was in my early 20's I suffered from chronic breakouts and tried almost every acne product line on the market including Proactive. In addition to all kinds of prescription medications from dermatologists. I ended up with nothing but redness, irritation, allergic reactions, dry flaky peeling skin which was almost worse than the acne itself. I eventually went on Accutane which caused all kinds of health problems. This system is the first acne system that I have ever seen that actually has two separate systems for actual skin types.
The system not only treats the acne but is specially designed to treat the needs of each specific skin type. The system also has a patented delivery system that uses a solubilized form of benzoyl peroxide that actually penetrates the root of the pore. The difference between Clenziderm and other systems is that instead of the benzoyl peroxide remaining on the surface of the skin because it penetrates the skin, which allows for less irritation and more healing.

This next system is as amazing as the Clenziderm! The Rosaclear System is for rosacea. This is another very hard to treat skin condition like acne. Clients often mistake it for acne and end up making it worse by using harsh products which aggravate rosacea even more. If you suffer from rosacea then this is th answer for sure. This amazing system not only has the prescription strenght medication to treat the rosace but it also has a gentle cleanser, and a anti-inflammatory hydrating complexion corrector and a SPF 30 sunscreen.

1 comment:

  1. Magnificent web site. Plenty of helpful info here.
    I am sending it to a few pals ans additionally sharing in delicious.
    And obviously, thank you for your effort!

    oobagi rosacea

    ReplyDelete