About Me

NEW YORK, NY, United States
Im a freelance makeup artist and skin therapist. www.ginanicora.com

Followers

Thursday, September 2, 2010

FALL MAKEUP TRENDS



There so many makeup trends for Fall. The first one I'm in love with is purple! When I was a kid purple was my favorite color I wanted everything purple. I even wanted my Dad to paint my room purple. So I'm super excited about this trend.

On the runway we saw plum eyes and lips at Dior and lavender on the eyes at Preen and a metallic purple at Carolina Herrera. The question is always how to take the looks from "catwalk to sidewalk'. Some of the looks are a little bold for the everyday women especially some of the bolder plum lips and darker smokey eye looks. The best way to incorporate the trend is use the color but not quite as bold. The look for Dior was a very bold plum lip by makeup genius Pat McGrath. Pat used a very bold deep plum shade by Mac. I like to use Rouge Volupte Perle in Mesmerizing Purple by YSL instead. It is a less pigmented more sheer plum lipstick. When it comes to eyes I love a deep purple smokey eye for evening but a fun day look a soft color wash of soft mauve. I love the new Eyes to Kill Palette by Giorgio Armani that has a shade of mauve and a shade of metallic purple that can be blended for a soft look.

YSL Rouge Perle Lipstick $34 www.yslbeautyus.com
Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Fall 2010 Palette $59 www.giorgioarmanibeauty-usa.com

Stay tuned for Fall Makeup Trends Part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment